Shooting leaves one man dead near Maud
By Kenny Mitchell
A dispute between three men Wednesday night just south of Maud has left one man dead and another at Christus St. Michael in undetermined condition.
According to Bowie County Sheriff James Prince, at the scene of the incident on County Road 1201 just outside of Maud, two brothers pulled onto a property where they became involved in a dispute with a third man who was there when they arrived.
During the course of the dispute, the third man pulled a gun and shot one of the brothers. The second of the two brothers then allegedly ran over the shooter in their vehicle.
The man shot at the scene is now deceased.
Sheriff Prince told reporters at the scene that the investigation is in its preliminary stages and that more information would be released on Thursday as it becomes available.
The names of the three men have not been released at this time to give officials time to notify the next of kin.
- Texarkana Federal Prison Employee Guilty of Having Sex with an Inmate
- Assault and home invasion in Avery on Sunday has residents rattled-Suspect has been arrested
- Candlelight vigil tonight in memory of lost TAMU-T students
- Crackdown on deadbeat parents in Bowie County
- Lane closures scheduled between DeKalb and New Boston