Beef on the Brazos
Take home the cash or take home the cows! In its third year, Beef on the Brazos is a unique opportunity for a chance to own a herd of cattle. From April 15 until June 30, $50 raffle tickets are available and only 2000 will be sold to win twenty F1 Braford heifers with an estimated value near $20,000, subject to market price at the time of the sale.
All Proceeds from the raffle benefit the Washington on the Brazos Historical Foundation, a nonprofit organization, existing to help preserve the rich history of the heroic actions taken by our forefathers at Washington on the Brazos with the signing of the Texas Declaration of Independence from Mexico, on March 2, 1836.
Raffle and prize details:
- The cattle will be delivered free within 100 miles, or if the winner prefers, they will be delivered to Cattleman’s Livestock Auction in Brenham, with a check sent directly to the winner with an estimated value near $20,000.
- Twenty F1 Braford heifers are being raffled off for a $50 donation. Only 2,000 tickets will be sold.
- The heifers will each weigh between 700-800 lbs.
- The drawing will take place June 30, 2021---at Barrington Farm, Washington on the Brazos. It will be live streamed on Facebook.
- Tickets may be purchased through the park association website, http://wheretexasbecametexas.org/gift-shop/product/brazos-raffle-ticket/ , or by calling Ginger Moreland at 979-830-1824. Payment can be made through PayPal, credit card, checks or cash.
- Tickets are also available at these participating partners:
- Cattleman’s Livestock Auction Brenham, Texas
- Cattleman’s Supply Brenham, Texas
- Turner, Pierce & Fultz/ Ace Hardware, Navasota, Texas
- Webb Printing Brenham, Texas
- Moser Community Media, LLC Brenham, Texas
Washington on the Brazos State Historic Site is found on the Brazos River at the original townsite of Washington, Texas, a major political and commercial center in early Texas. It is located at 23400 Park Road 12, Washington, TX, 77880—approximately halfway between Brenham and Navasota, off of State Hwy. 105. From Hwy. 105, follow either FM 912 or FM 1155 to Park Road 12. For additional information, call (936) 878-2214 or visit the site’s website at www.wheretexasbecametexas.org.