TEXAMERICAS CENTER 2020 YEAR IN REVIEW/2021 YEAR OF GOALS
As we look back on 2020, much will be remembered: masks, virtual schooling, remote working, and the word “unprecedented.” However, we also hope to remember the persistent and proactive efforts of our tenants, partners, and board members who positively impacted our community’s jobs, opportunities, and growth.
For TexAmericas Center, we have much to be grateful for and our relationships with each of you tops the list. Together, we’ve met the challenges of the year and still found opportunities to contribute to the region’s economic growth and lay a strong foundation for enhanced investment and confidence in our future.
TexAmericas Center has built an environment that helps our region stand apart from our competitors with some impressive differentiators including:
- Our 12,000 acres and 3.5 million square feet of space is fully entitled, providing potential tenants of specialized industries options that would be difficult or cost prohibitive to secure in other regions.
- Our location in the Texarkana metropolitan area offers an attractive pipeline of talent and a logistics network to rival many larger – and therefore more expensive – urban hubs.
- We offer a complement of unique assets like utilities, rail, fiber, and a transload provider.
With these attributes to offer, TexAmericas Center has delivered on its promise to be a catalyst of economic investment in the Texarkana region. As a result, since 2014, we’ve increased total leased square footage by more than 85 percent to more than 1 million square feet. There have also been tremendous accomplishments within the past year.
Because of your partnership, together we’ve been able to achieve the following in 2020:
- Broke Ground on a New Spec Building. We broke ground on our 150,000-square-foot spec building, the first new building on our property in more than 15 years. This multi-tenant, mixed-used building will provide potential tenants with highly sought after features such as 32’ ceiling height, expandability, and multiple docks. By removing the timeline associated with a build-to-suit option, a move-in ready spec building significantly reduces upfront investment hurdles for potential tenants.
- Introduced Third-Party Logistics. Our new third-party logistics (3PL) services were launched to assist companies with inventory management, warehousing, and fulfillment needs. To support its 3PL services, TAC hired logistics/operations expert John Sesler as its Vice President of Logistics. Working with Sesler, tenants can offload these specialized tasks to TAC, enhance their logistics workflows, and focus on other issues critical to business growth.
- Earned a National Industry Ranking. Business Facilities Magazine ranked TexAmericas Center #8 in their Top 10 Industrial Parks listing. This industry ranking recognizes the time and investment the board and staff have made in improving the infrastructure on the footprint and creating incentives. The increased quality and number of prospects being worked at TexAmericas Center indicates that site selectors and business executives are also aware and appreciate the value of these investments.
- Secured the New Regional Water Treatment System. TexAmericas Center will be the site of Riverbend Water Resources District’s (RWRD) proposed new $200 million regional water treatment system to support ongoing growth for current and future tenants at its industrial park and 16 other RWRD member entities. The facility is to be expandable to meet long-term growth and usage projections for the region.
- Launched an Enhanced Website. We upgraded our website to feature a more user-friendly and intuitive interface. The site now integrates with a real estate database provider and a leading commercial real estate data portal to provide a depth of information at the individual site level valuable to business owners, site selectors, and commercial listing agents evaluating locations.
- Attained a Major New Tenant. Lockheed Martin, a global security and aerospace company employing more than 110,000 people worldwide, expanded operations into a building at TexAmericas Center in support of a Public/Private Partnership contract with the Red River Army Depot (RRAD).
While we’re thrilled with the progress made in 2020, we’re even more excited for the year ahead. We know when we create a business-friendly environment, our region prospers. Our success means area residents have greater job opportunities and enhanced career trajectories. Our regional counties and municipalities benefit from the investment that comes from robust economic development, and most importantly our local businesses can thrive.
Among the 2021 initiatives that you can look forward to hearing more about are:
- Completion of Our New Spec Building. Our 150,000-square-foot building should be ready for new tenants in the summer of 2021. This facility is a game-changer for our region, and we look forward to filling it with companies and individuals that further drive our regional economy.
- Renewal of RRAD lease on Building 333. Our partnership with the Red River Army Depot is a valuable one, and we look forward to supporting their ongoing initiatives.
- RCRA Permit Modification Approval. The removal of environmental restrictions from approximately 6,500 acres on our footprint opens tremendous opportunities for further growth and development.
- Addition of Vice President of Finance. As the organization matures and we build on the momentum and enhance our portfolio, this new role will support our tenants, evaluate multi-layer financing options for prospects, evaluate investment opportunities, and ensure the financial strength of the organization.
- Completion of a Fiber Connections Study. Connection speeds, reliability, and quality are central to today’s business operations. This study will help TAC better understand and plan for the fiber connection needs of our facilities and region.
- Additional Infrastructure Investments. TAC’s infrastructure investments have yielded significant return on investment. To remain competitive, we’ll continue to invest in the infrastructure most desired and valued by our tenants, as well as companies and industries we seek to attract.
No doubt, it will be a busy year ahead and we’re up for the challenges and opportunities. We’re honored to be an epicenter of economic development and remain dedicated to bringing strategic alignment to the region’s job-creating assets and serving as a catalyst of growth and community improvement.
We look forward to working with you to enhance what makes our region attractive: a deep talent pool, a solid infrastructure, and a regional embrace of innovation and opportunity. We wish each of you a happy and healthy year ahead filled with moments of personal accomplishments and professional achievements.